History of Mott
Moving Moments ...
Carl Mott, a mechanic, founded a mechanical workshop in the main street of Tauberbischofsheim. It produced fittings for school benches as well as other fittings and map stands.
The firm was taken over by the sons Wilhelm and Hermann Mott. The name was changed to 'Gebrüder Mott Stahlmöbelfabrik'. The range of products was extended to include school tables and chairs as well as tubular steel furniture.
The company moved to its present 10,000 m² site. New production facilities and an office were built. There was a continuous development of new products: mobile stages, dance floors, folding chairs, table/chair combinations.
After Wilhelm Mott's retirement and the death of Hermann Mott, the latter's son, Thorsten Mott (Diplom-Wirtschaftsingenieur FH), took over the company. Its name was changed to 'Mott Metallwaren und Bühnenbau GmbH'.
A further production and storage building was built.
A modern welfare building was erected.
A further production plant was built in conjunction with the investment in a modern powder coating plant. At the same time the product range was extended to include platform marquees and cabinets.
In October, the new administration and exhibition building was inaugurated. The entire complex occupies an area of 461 m². The large, well-lit exhibition room in which Mott products are clearly presented also serves as reception room for visitors and business friends.
With a surface area of 300 m² and spread over two levels, the new storehouse for our state-of-the-art powder-coating facility will be inaugurated.
On the basis of the positive order situation, orders will be able to be processed even more efficiently and quickly as a result of this expansion.
New logistics building with an area of 1200 m², as well as a loading bay. The new building enables the logistics flow of materials to be better organised. Commissioning of the ultra-modern laser tube system. With their pipes can point to the latest in manufacturing technology are made.